Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Where Oh Where Did My Samara Go?

During the middle of the night, it seems that Samara is starting to play a new, fun game...it's called Hide and Seek.  It all started 2 nights ago when I had had enough of her kicking me in the back while trying to sleep. I laid her back in her own bed, but she kept coming in our room attempting to sneak in our bed.  I told her repeatedly to go back to her room and would watch her silhouette walk in her room and close the door.  I must have fallen asleep when she came in again because I had no idea she was not in her room.  James was leaving for work and whispered to me if I knew where she was at.  I had no idea!  James then found her curled up in our rocking chair across from our bed.  She stayed there until it was her normal wake-up time.

Last night I returned from my girl's Bible study.  Around 11:30, I went upstairs to get ready for bed.  I noticed her door was opened.  I figured that she had crawled into our bed.  But she wasn't there nor was she in the rocking chair, under her bed, or in her tent.  I kept hearing her breathe, but just couldn't figure out where else she could be.  Then I noticed her small body laying right next to the boys' bedroom door on the cold hardwood floor.  She was on her tummy on top of her pink blankie.  Her night-time diaper had been removed and she had put her pants on backwards.  I was so relieved to have found her and that the boys hadn't got up to go to the bathroom and stepped on her.  I gently picked her up and tucked her in her bed.

This morning I found her sleeping at the foot of our bed. Unfortunately, this is probably pay back for me doing the same thing to my parents.  My favorite sleeping places were: the first step going downstairs, the bathroom floor, or in the hallway. I hope this phase goes by quickly because it is very stressful trying to find where your sleeping child may have wandered to. I'm thinking we may need to put a homing device on her!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That's so cute and frightening at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right! She has such a nice, cozy room...wish she would STAY in it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desperate times call for . . . maybe George could lie outside Samara's room and be trained to shepherd her back to bed when she reaches the door. He seems smart enough to help keep your little one safe.

    ReplyDelete