Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And So Life Goes On...

I didn't want everyone's "V" Day to be affected by our news so please forgive me for posting this today instead of yesterday afternoon.  I went out to get the mail around 5:00ish and there it was.  The letter we've been waiting on.  My stomach started doing flip-flops immediately.  What did the contents say?  Was James accepted into med school?  Was he not?  I called James and he rushed home to open it.

Since his interview was not the most positive experience, it wasn't a surprise what the letter said.  He was not accepted this year.  My heart still hurt for him, though.  Two years of dedication and hard work had not paid off how we would have liked it to.  But that's our desire, maybe not necessarily God's plan for us.

What now?  Well, James has emailed the admission's director to try to determine what he can do to strengthen his resume.  He is already looking at taking Grad school level Genetics and Biochemistry this summer and re-apply for Fall 2012 acceptance in June.

But we've also come to the time where we need to decide where we are going to live.  Malachi starts school in August.  Since a town close-by is home to our church and friends as well as wonderful schools, we want to call it home, too.  So the process of getting our house on the market in the very near future is what we will plan on doing.  We will be praying for a house that we can afford without needing me to find a part-time job, but if that is what we need for me to do then I will do it.

Naturally, we are both bummed about it, but this is part of God's journey for us and I have peace in knowing that while we don't know what the big picture is for our life, there is Someone who does and so we must rest in that knowledge.

And so life goes on . . .

1 comment:

  1. Tis sad news. I could stand in line of those who wanted that KC home for you Dinkelberries. That is a very strong chin your holding up, my dear. Augusta sounds like a respectable consolation. May it happen for you.

    ReplyDelete