Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

-20

The winter storm has arrived.  Strong winds steady at 30 miles an hour and gusting up to 40 frequently.  Wind chill is currently -20 and snow blowing everywhere.  This morning I bundled up to take George outside to do his business and he kept trying to go back inside before he was finished.  Since I want to make as few trips out there as possible, I made him stay out there a few minutes to make sure he was completely finished.  His poor legs were shivering so badly and I was jumping up and down trying to stay warm.

The poor kiddos don't really understand about dangerous wind chills and that sometimes it is just too cold to go outside even with snow suits.  They see snow and it's immediately, "Mommy, we need to go outside!".  But when I came back inside, I touched them with my freezing hands and they haven't asked to go outside since.

Because we are stuck inside today, I think we might start making some Valentine's Day projects while drinking some hot chocolate (coffee for Mommy!)  Hope everyone is able to be at home all snuggled up in this weather...oh no! George just rang the cow bell...guess I won't be all warm and snuggled up anymore...oh well, such is life.

1 comment:

  1. Truly learning to take that dog ownership to the next level, aren't you?! No fair weathered cow bell answerer, no siree! Good on you mate:)

    ReplyDelete