Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

No Use Crying Over Wet Pants

When we pulled in the church's parking lot this morning, the boys saw a mountain of snow that they wanted to climb.  I told them after church they could play on it. So afterward, the boys climbed all the way up it and were climbing down the other side.  Then, for some reason, Isaiah just lost it.  He began sobbing because his pant legs were wet and refused to come down any more.  He just stayed where he was.

James was trying to practice tough love and have him come down on his own.  I normally back him up on his parenting, but after a few minutes of hearing this commotion, my compassion got the best of me. I climbed up the snowy hill in my flip flops and held his hand while he climbed down.

Flip flops in snow you ask?  It was in the upper 40's today and I was celebrating.  My feet can only be contained so long in socks and shoes before they want to revolt.  No worries, though, the kiddos were more appropriately dressed for the cool weather =)

Isaiah finally calmed down in the car and immediately when we got home, changed into his flannel Toy Story jammies.  All was right with the world again.

2 comments:

  1. No worries, though, my kiddo wears flip-flops in a blizzard ;) She has some tough revolting tootsies . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I do! They needed to see the light of day!

    ReplyDelete