***This post was from last Friday, the 18th, I was waiting for James to upload the pictures from his phone***
After the bizarre start to our morning, I was definitely looking forward to our late morning "mystery trip". I was laying in bed, not quite ready to begin the day when Samara grabbed my cell phone and started playing with it. I had the keypad locked so she couldn't accidentally call someone. Isaiah asked for a turn so I handed it over to him. Normally I watch like a hawk when they are messing with my phone so they don't activate the emergency call option. But, in my groggy state of mind, I didn't think about it. Next thing I hear is dispatch asking me what my emergency is. I thought, "My emergency is that my kiddos got up extra early this morning!" But I politely apologized that my young child got a hold of my phone and called them. My phone is officially and completely off-limits.
For our "mystery trip", we waited for James to pick us up and we headed to DQ. James' parents gave our family a gift certificate for Valentine's Day. I thought I would bend the rules a little and the kiddos could eat dessert before lunch. <GASP!> Yes, it's true. The more I stay home, the more I want to add just a little element of surprise from time to time. Keep those little kiddos on their little toes.
They all 3 enjoyed a chocolate sundae and I had a death by chocolate type of blizzard while James had mint chocolate chip blizzard. Hmmmm.... I asked Malachi how it tasted. He replied, "It's much too great." And Samara repeatedly said how yummy it was. She wanted to feed everyone her treat and was obsessed with cleaning our table. It was a delightful way to end the week. Look at their darling (sometimes chocolatey faces):




What a fabulous Valentine gift idea! Love the pictures . . . love the subjects in the pictures . . . love the chocolate, too . . .
ReplyDelete