Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busy Wednesday

Funny how when you wake up the day is full of promise and how quickly it can become crazy.  We were welcomed with about a foot of snow and frigid temperatures outside.  After Samara went to the bathroom and had difficulty flushing, we discovered that our water pipes were frozen.  Fortunately, it was James' day off so he immediately started the process of thawing them. I'm happy to report that James was successful!

Because of James' delayed interview last week, we had to reschedule Samara's ENT appointment to today.  She has had fluid in her right ear since May.  After a few rounds of antibiotics, we were referred to the specialist for evaluation for ear tubes.  The doctor is conservative with his treatment so he keeps a close eye on her. She just needs another recheck in 3 months.  I wasn't super excited to have to drive to Wichita, but we made it.  I drove like a granny, nice and slow.  

We were welcomed home to a shoveled sidewalk and stairs. All of the boys had worked diligently on clearing a path; well, George was a little counterproductive since he caused snow to get back on the sidewalk. Malachi and Isaiah were inside enjoying some hot chocolate and George was crashed on the floor.
 
Poor Samara has a touch of the stomach bug. It started while we were at the doctor's office and she had another episode when we got home.  I hope she has it out of her system.  We've been so blessed to not have any major illnesses at our house yet.  I wish that trend would continue!

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is not as crazy as today has been.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Dinkels! Treacherous driving in the snow and the joys of a visiting stomach flu. . . girls day out:( Sounds like a "real" girls day out may be in order . . .

    ReplyDelete