Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to Pick a Super Bowl Team to Cheer For

The time has come again to pick a team to cheer for in the Super Bowl (SB).  Since I grew up in a city whose football team never made it to the coveted game, I have had to read up on each team so I could cheer for a team I felt deserved the win. Sometimes it was easy to pick the team.  Of course, if the Dallas Cowboys made it to the SB, then I would cheer for the opposite team.  I normally pick the teams who haven't won in years, the underdogs.

This year, though, it was a no-brainer. I am rooting for the Green Bay Packers.  It isn't because I am a cheese-head fan per se. I am pretty indifferent to them as a team.  My strategy for picking them is more personal.

You see our neighbors behind us are avid Steelers fans. They have an old, worn out Steelers flag hanging from their front porch.  Their cars have vanity license plates proclaiming their love for this team. You may be asking yourself why would I so adamantly be against their team winning.  Well, since we moved here 6 years ago, their dog has yet to poop in their own yard.  They throw a ball into all of the neighbors yards so that the dog fetches it and goes potty there as well.  In the beginning, they mainly used our yard for their dog's toilet.  We had a police officer visit with them about it being illegal to send your dog into someone's yard to poop without cleaning it up.  While the dog no longer uses our yard, it still is trained to go across the street to poop.  It is all I can do to not march myself over there and give them a piece of my mind so I figure it would be sweet justice if their football team they feel so strongly about looses.  Crazy thinking?  Maybe, but I'm ok with it.

Go PACKERS!!!!!

1 comment: