Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Fever and Some Busted Up Concrete

Today we were not able to go to MOPS.  Malachi woke up with a low-grade fever and complained of a sore throat.  By lunch time, his fever was up to 102.4.  In the afternoon, it went down some, but spiked again this evening.  Doesn't it break your heart to see a child sick?  Their little eyes tell the story of how they're feeling.  I made some chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies to try to cheer him up.  He came in the kitchen and rested his head on my torso.  He said so seriously, "Today's just not my day".  Oh, poor little guy!

After months of waiting, the city began work on replacing our neighborhood sidewalks.  The kiddos watched out the windows as the bobcat tore it all up. They were pretty stoked about it.  I can only imagine the excitement when they see the concrete being poured.  Yay for home improvements!
 
Hopefully tomorrow we will have healthy kiddos and a productive day of getting projects completed so we can get our house on the market!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that Mr. Malachi is sick. And yes, nothing pulls at the heart strings quite like an ill little tike. It sounded like a perfect day for the city to begin the demolition ~ too cold to go outside for those who are well and a wee one whose day can be improved by heavy machinery. I am glad that you are the kind of mommy who makes cookies to cheer your little ones.
    Here's to a well Wednesday . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a nice bonus to have something neat to look at out our windows! I do what I can to nurse them back to health;)

    ReplyDelete