Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Delayed

Whelp, funny thing about plans are that they can quickly change.  We were supposed to be traveling to KC tonight for James' interview tomorrow morning.  But, there seems to be a massive winter storm that is bound to interrupt those plans.  James received an email this morning saying that the interview was to be rescheduled for Thursday morning.  I guess they don't want their potential students traveling in a blizzard.  While I'm thankful for their thoughtfulness, it is hard to wait a few extra days.  Why is it so much harder to wait the last few days than it is to wait at the beginning?  We were both pretty bummed, but know that this is all part of His plan so we just have to trust in that.

I do have to share a funny story about James.  He couldn't decide which tie to wear for the interview so Sunday morning he dressed up in his suit and brought 2 ties to show our Sunday school class to get their opinion on which one was more professional.  What a girl thing to do!  Actually, I thought it was pretty cute...now we all know if I had done something like that he probably would not have let me live that one down.  I'll be nice and not tease him too much, though.

Back to the interview.  Now our plan is to leave Wednesday afternoon and his interview is Thursday from 9am-4pm.  Prayers are appreciated!  Will keep you all posted...

1 comment:

  1. Safest of travels dear Dinkelberries. We are ready for your visit and James' acceptance to this med school! We pray you (all) well . . .

    ReplyDelete