Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Morning

After dropping Malachi off at school, Isaiah, Samara, and I went to a friend's house where a group of mommies and kiddos were having a potluck breakfast.  It was wonderful to hang out with the girls while our kiddos played nicely together.  And let's not forget ALL of the yummy food =)

My kiddos are finally at an age where I feel like I don't need to be checking on them every 2 seconds to make sure they aren't into everything (well, Samara still needs checked on periodically, but it's not like that of a younger toddler).  This means more chatting time for me!  I have to say that besides being around my kiddos way more during the day, having play dates is one of the best perks of staying home.  When I worked, I rarely got together with my friends and their kiddos because weekends were already crazy-busy.  But now we get to hang out during the day without interrupting "family time".

It was interesting to watch Samara.  She was very quiet and even a little shy around the other kiddos (you mean she isn't always loud and outgoing?!?).  Mostly she just wanted to play with a pair of horses all by herself.  But when another mommy told her son that they were going to go see his "Grammie", Samara popped right up and went over to her jumping up and down while loudly talking about seeing her beloved Grammie.  It was quite the contrast of how she was the rest of the morning!

It's awesome to be able to have a group of friends who have kiddos around the same age as ours and be able to just "hang out" on a Friday morning.  Perfect way to end this week!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet . . Grammie feels the same enthusiasm about her grandchildren! I have it on good authority that she is counting the days until the little darlin's birthday party ~

    ReplyDelete