So for about the past 10 years I haven't ran. In high school, I ran cross-country and long distance track. My first two years of college I ran for the fun of it. But, I've gotten lazy. Well, not necessarily lazy, but I've had other work-outs such as the mad dash to keep a baby from falling, or aerobic stair climbing while a kiddo learns how to climb them. You know, not exercise, but "Mommy-cise".
A close friend from my previous job started running about 6 months ago and I've been amazed at her progress and started to feel the urge to begin running again. I mean I use to love to run so why not start again? It would mean some sacrifice, but to get back in shape would be wonderful. Last night my friend emailed me asking if I would join her team for the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure 5K on Sept 24th. This is my motivation that I needed to get started! Cancer has greatly impacted my life...both family members and friends I have known have dealt with this disease and so it is my honor and privilege to run/jog/walk/whatever-shape-I-am-in-then in their name.
My journey to fitness once again begins now...
So cool! Shannon and I just started running, too. There's a 5k on October 9th you could run!
ReplyDeleteOh really? Where is it? That's awesome you both are doing it together! James has been working out for quite awhile, but recently he started jogging so maybe we'll be able to run together once I get my tush in shape =)
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to read that you are picking up an old love. As a side note, your "Mommmy-cise" has kept you lean. I would imagine that the challenge will be in the breathing technique; no doubt you'll succeed.
ReplyDeleteHi Erin. I'm enjoying your blog this evening! :) So how's the training going? I've been out of it for some time now too. Since 2007 when I did my big 1/2 marathon. But just curious how it's going and if you are enjoying it like you did back when. I've thought about trying again too.
ReplyDelete