Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fun Friday

Since it was the last Friday before school starts, I wanted to have a fun day planned for my Malachi (and the other kiddos, too!)  We started off the morning by going to the doctor for Malachi's school physical.  He is 70th percentile for weight and 96th percentile for height.  The doctor summed it up, "He's a tall boy".  Yes, we knew that part!  Last year, we went ahead and had him get his "Kindergarten shots" so the only thing he got was the FluMist which is a nasal spray instead of a Flu shot.  He's good to go!

Following that, we went to a friend's house for a play date.  They have 2 boys who are around the same age as our boys so that works out great.  They have a son who is younger than Samara, but they all get along great.  We ate lunch there and then around noon, we came home to let George out to go potty. 

At 2pm, we went up to Malachi's school and met his teacher.  Malachi couldn't remember who she was and she was nice enough to let him see his classroom to help ease his fears.  Her name is "Mrs. O."  The boys immediately eyed the Mac laptops in the room and she immediately got on educational games.  They played that while Mrs. O and I caught up on what's going on in our lives.  Samara tried to find everything she wasn't supposed to play with instead of toys she could play with.  The principal came in for a minute and so I was able to meet him (and also get encouraged to join the PTA...knew that one was coming!)  So far everyone we have encountered has been incredibly helpful and nice.  On the way home, I asked Malachi what he thought about school now.  He exclaimed, "It's awesome!"  YAY!!!

We then met some other friends at the water park.  We had a few thunderstorms during the day and night, but at that time, it was sunny and warm.  All of our kiddos had fun splashing around while my friend and I were able to chit-chat.

Following the water park, we came home and per Malachi's request, had a pizza, soda pop, and brownie party.  I had the picnic table in the living room so we could watch a movie while we ate.  For bedtime, we had a "slumber party" in the boys' room.  The kiddos, James, and I slept on the floor.  We even put George's bed in there so he could be a part of the party.  Even though I was exhausted from the day, I didn't sleep very well.  Sleeping on the floor just isn't very comfy on these old bones ;-)  But the things we do to bring joy to our kiddos...

I think it's safe to say that we all had a super, terrific, fun Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment