So tonight I was going to cut the grass. I'm pretty sure we haven't needed to cut it more than 5 times this summer because of the severe drought we are in. But alas it needed to be done. James and the kiddos headed off to a BBQ and I stayed home to cut the grass. We've been busy and I knew we wouldn't be able to get to it for at least 3 more days so I stayed behind.
After they left, I went in search of some shorts to wear. Now I'm not a "shorts person". I normally wear them when it's super-duper hot outside or when I'm cutting the grass. Thus I don't own many pairs of shorts. Tonight I couldn't find a single pair, though. I searched high and low...nowhere. It was too hot to wear yoga pants and I HAD to cut the grass!
So I did the unimaginable. I wore a pair of the boys' shorts. They were nylon basketball shorts that were still a little big around Malachi's waist. Of course, they hang loosely around his legs. But for me, they looked more like biker's shorts. You know...tight. I wore a KU T-shirt and hoped that it would cover enough of the shorts so those passing by wouldn't stop to take a second look.
I'm happy that James wasn't around to take a picture and I pray that I won't appear on YouTube by someone taking a video of that "lady with the crazy shorts cutting the grass." At least the grass got cut, right?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment