SNOW!!!!!
We woke up to snow! Of course, the immediate reaction was, "SNOW, I want to go play in it!" After breakfast, I could no longer contain the kiddos (or dog) inside. So we bundled up and went to our backyard.
The boys, including George, ate snow while Samara struggled to walk in the deep parts. No worries, the boys were warned about "yellow snow". Soon, George was running at break-neck speed and having the time of his life. I didn't grow up with a dog so I was unaware of the pleasure they have playing in the snow. It was hilarious!
Isaiah made a snow angel; Malachi and Samara said it was too cold to make one. I then started the snow ball fight. It was a dry snow so the balls wouldn't keep their form. Samara improvised and got a big handful of snow and then came and rubbed it all on my pants and coat. The boys loved that idea so they did the same thing. Of course, I was the only one without snow pants or boots and I was covered in snow. Good thing I was wearing some cozy, fleece pants my sissy got me for Christmas or else I would have froze.
After awhile, Samara and Isaiah didn't want to keep their gloves on so it was time to head back inside. George was NOT ready, but he finally complied. Once inside, we enjoyed hot chocolate (Samara had juice because she didn't like it).
George has now crashed and is taking a long nap. Hope the same
goes for the kiddos later!
Love the pictures! It is so nice for a grandma to see such joy on those precious little faces:0
ReplyDeleteEqually nice to feel a part of it while staying indoors . . .