Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Number "4"

It's today, it's today!  Isaiah is officially 4.  We enjoyed a day long celebration of Isaiah.  To start off the morning, he listened to a voicemail that Papa left at 5:10am wishing him a "Happy Birthday".  Then Grammie and Cousin Sofia called to sing to him.  I had planned on a nice breakfast of pancakes and turkey sausage, but instead the Birthday Boy decided Fruit Loops sounded better.

After getting his tummy full, he opened up a birthday gift from Uncle Matt.  Spiderman Color-by-Number and a "Bad Guy" Transformer.  His reaction while jumping up and down, "This is awesome! I'm so excited!"  He had to call Uncle Matt to thank him for his great gifts.

For a special snack, I made homemade double peanut butter and milk chocolate chip cookies.  I stress homemade because when James ate one he asked if I made them.  I replied, "Yes, they're homemade".  He then asks if by homemade I mean I made them from scratch like with eggs, flour, and sugar.  Yes, James, no pre-made cookie dough this time.  I spent 2 hours on those suckers; trust me they're homemade =)

Throughout the day, James and I asked Isaiah how it was being "4".  We were met with the same response, "It means no more sucking thumbs and I get a Quiet Time". He also kept commenting on how long his birthday was today.

Ah, yes, he is an official Quiet Time member now.  He colored 2 Spiderman pictures (he wasn't interested in the following the color by number rules which is ok with me), played with his Transformer, and then watched "The Incredibles" all while wearing his Wolverine costume with mask.  A wonderful start to a new era.

Isaiah was a quick study. Every time the phone rang, he figured out that the person calling needed to sing to him.  This afternoon my sister called for the specific purpose to sing to him, but before she could start, he asked, "Will you sing 'Happy Birthday' to me because today's my birthday?" Who could ever say no to that?

We finished the day off with cheese pizza, chocolate fudge cake with strawberry frosting and mint chocolate chip ice cream and a "Happy Birthday" call from Grandma and Grandpa Dinkel.  Since most of the boys' birthday gifts where given at Christmas or on Malachi's birthday, we saved one gift for the both of them to open tonight.  It was a Thomas the Train train track.  I'm sure they'll have many hours of fun with it.

Isaiah is already saying that he's excited for his next birthday because he'll be 5...son, don't wish to grow up so quickly.  Enjoy being 4!

1 comment:

  1. Why is it that the young want to be older and the old want to be younger? Isaiah's birthday sounded so good, that I would like to live his fourth birthday for a good month. To get calls from loved ones; eat homemade cookies, cake, and pizza; get presents; and to cap it off by wearing a mask and a costume of a wild dog. Aooooooww (read: howl) No wonder he was excited for his next birthday . . . whether old or young it rocked!

    ReplyDelete