Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Samara-mara


For the next few posts, I wanted to concentrate on each kiddo individually. They each bring so much joy to our lives in their own ways. Today, it's Samara's turn to be in the spotlight.

Samara Jayne has such the personality. She is so sweet and caring, but is quite bossy (especially with the boys and George). She normally has a soft, girly voice, but that can change instantaneously. And she has a way into her Daddy's heart that only a girl can have. She gets away with sleeping in our bed whereas James wanted the boys to stay in their own beds. If she is cuddling with James when it's bedtime, she sneaks in a few extra minutes because he doesn't want her to get down. But, Samara is a Mommy's girl, too. She doesn't like it if I am upstairs and she is downstairs. She likes to know where I am at all times. I relish the times when I am sitting on the floor and she stands by my side and wraps her arm around my shoulder and gives me a kiss. Her brothers adore her and watch out for her. Of course, they give her a hard time, too, but what else would you expect?

I've mentioned before that she is in love with music. She also loves her "babies" and stuffed animals, shoes, purses, and her soft, pink blankie our neighbors gave her when she was born. Reading books has always interested her. She'll love to just sit on my lap and show me the pictures. She also enjoys playing with the boys' Ironman/Buzz/Woody/car toys, too. Her newest obsession is Play-Doh and coloring. Every color she calls "pink"...it is by far her favorite and I'm not going to complain! When it's her turn to pick a movie, she will normally choose "Spiderman", "Shrek", or "Napoleon Dynamite". Quite the spectrum of movie taste.

I love her vocabulary. She is at the stage when she can almost say the word correctly, but it comes out just a little off. I normally don't correct her because she has the rest of her life to figure out how to say words. No worries, though, by the time she starts school, I promise she'll say them right. Below are some of my favorite words for her to say:
Aight = alright
Saw-ee  =  sorry
Dap = lap
Georgie = George
Ay-ah = Isaiah and/or Malachi
Gammie = Grammie
Poppy = Papa
Eat now, cereal, milk = the first words she normally says in the morning
Toming = coming
Panties = her panties, daddy's boxers =), or her pants
Fia = Cousin Sofia
Ella = Cousin Stella
Color = crayons
Jack = jacket
Choc = chocolate
Yep = yes
Cuse me = excuse me
No, me do it
Towel = paper towel, bath towel, toilet paper
Deems  =  sweet dreams

She certainly has brightened up our world and God knew what He was doing when he added her to our family!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Samara is a beautiful gift from God. We love, love, love her to bits. She is pure joy!
    It is such a delight to be around her and watch. She makes the world a much brighter place.

    ReplyDelete