Ahh, what a lovely day. The temps were warm, but there was a strong breeze to help cool it off. I had our windows open. Birds were chirping. And the strong desire to Spring clean hit me hard. Now mind you we have lots of different projects in the wrap up stages so the ability to truly deep clean everything is on hold until the projects are completed. I decided to take a leap of faith that this weather will stick around and packed up all the winter coats, boots, hats, gloves, etc. They are such bulky items and I don't like clutter so it was sweet relief to be rid of them at least for now.
I sorted through the kiddos' shoes to see which ones were now too small. It's always bittersweet to come face to face with the reality that they are growing by leaps and bounds. I moved our shoe rack into our newly finished coat closet so the shoe clutter is no longer in plain sight. The kiddos had another, as Isaiah calls it, "Tomato Clean House" (the 10 minute tornado) This time there were no initial grumblings. They quickly went about their work.
Of course, my day wouldn't be complete without doing some kind of the "p" word. I painted the bathroom door upstairs and tonight I am putting a fresh coat of paint on the trim and doors in the kitchen. I chuckled earlier today because Malachi was excited when I told him what I was going to paint. He asked me what color it was going to be. I said that it would be white to match the other doors. He replied, "I'm sick of white paint. That's what you always paint." I later asked him what color the door should be painted and he thought blue would be best. Not exactly convinced that a potential buyer would be pleased to have a random blue door, but maybe at our new house I'll let him paint his room blue. (and what's funny is there's really only white on the trim and doors along with our kitchen cabinet. There's only 1 room that is actually painted white.)
Since I'm downstairs by myself, I think I'm going to put on a chick flick while I paint to help pass the time. White paint here I come!
A boy after my own colorful heart. So what was the chick flick you listened to as you painted white upon white?
ReplyDeleteI listened to "The Proposal". Didn't actually see a single second of the movie!
ReplyDelete