Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect?

This weekend is the big event.  For the first time, the boys will be ring bearers and Samara will be a flower girl.  I've started to have them practice walking in our living room.  I gave the boys pillows to carry and Samara a basket to hold.  Samara looks so tiny standing between those boys.  I turned on the song that the wedding party will be walking down the aisle to.  This song is so special because it is the same song James and I chose for our wedding.  At the climatic part of the song is when I made my entrance.  Seven and a half years later it still gives me chills.

Anyway, back to our practice sessions.  Samara has decided she wants a pillow instead and Isaiah wants the flower basket.  I really hope that when it's the real deal both will be happy walking down with what they are supposed to.  Otherwise, we might have a ring girl and a flower bearer on our hands.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it lovely how a song can take you places? I also remember the processional. Our baby girl walking between us. Knowing that at the end of the song and the aisle, we would begin a separation. Hoping that you would be happy with your James and trusting that you would "to thine own self be true" throughout your marriage.

    So what if Isaiah and Samara want to mix it up at the wedding? They are practicing staying true to themselves:)It could only add to the ceremony!
    Far better than crying down the aisle . . .

    ReplyDelete