Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shopping with Samara

I needed to exchange a shirt in Wichita today.  It was Isaiah's turn to go shopping with me, but he decided to stay home and watch James play a computer game and ride bikes in the park.  So Samara eagerly accompanied me.  On the way, she kept talking about the color pink and how "we like pink, but blue is 'dee-gusting'."  Our first stop was at the mall.  She obediently held my hand as we combed through the store to find a shirt that would fit better.  She was constantly pointing out "beautiful" shirts and asking me if we should get it.  I finally found a few to try on and she was more than happy to give me her opinion.  I settled on a blue shirt <gasp>; while at the register, I had to try to explain the concept of an exchange.  She got the jest of it.

Next, we went to Old Navy to look at their flip-flops.  She immediately noticed the chid-size mannequins and begged to give them a hug and shake their hands.  It felt a little weird to pick her up so she could hug them, but it was super sweet, too.  She found a pair of pink flip-flops (no surprise) and I found a pair of gray ones. 

We then stopped at Target.  I needed to grab some beverages/snacks and sunglasses for my impending road-trip (will blog about that soon).  Samara also needed a new swimsuit and sunglasses.  She chose a pink Princess suit that has a tutu attached and a pair of Hello Kitty pink sunglasses.  In the car, she was struggling to stay awake and she just looked darling looking out of her pink shades.

It's so much fun to have a little girl to share the joy of shopping with.  May we have many years of shopping trips =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment