After we picked Malachi up from school, we played outside for nearly 2 hours. The boys took turns riding a bike and a Big Wheel while pretending to be pizza delivery boys. They were charging $50 for their pizzas. A little steep on the price, huh? Samara found a stroller in the garage and initially I thought she would want to push a dolly in it. Instead, she wanted me to push her. So for about 45 minutes I pushed her up and down our sidewalk. (it's a good thing we live on the corner so it took a little bit before we turned around to go the other way!). She must not quite understand that the purpose of playing outside is to RUN off their energy not just sit!
It's always interesting to see what new things they discover. This afternoon was about how a rock from our patio can make "chalk" on the cement. They were all fascinated by this and tried multiple rocks to see what color "chalk" it made. Right before it was time to go inside I was sitting on the back steps. Malachi came up to me and out of the blue asked, "Do you know what I'm thankful for?" Intrigued, I replied that I didn't know, but would love to find out. He said (and in this order), "I'm thankful my DS, family, George, Bob, and our house." I couldn't help but smile and give him a hug...even if he is getting to the age that he thinks he's too cool for a "mommy hug".
All 3 kiddos climbed up on the ledge and I couldn't help but take a picture. Then they just HAD to have a silly-face pic!
On Sunday afternoon, I tried a new crock pot recipe. It's delish and will certainly grace our table in the future. I found it on the website: www.crockingirls.com I served it over rice.
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
Directions:
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Add water and packet of Italian dressing to butter and mix well.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour butter mixture over chicken.
- Turn pieces over to coat both sides well.
- Cook on High for 3 hours.
- In separate bowl, mix cream of chicken soup and cream cheese together.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut into bite size pieces.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and add the cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk together to blend well.
- Cover and cook an additional 1/2 hour.
Serve over pasta or hot cooked rice.

I definitely plan to try this recipe!
ReplyDelete