For the past 2 years, I have been going to a Monday night women's Bible study. There's around 10 or so ladies who attend and it's hosted in one of their homes. It's been a wonderful time of learning, reflection, laughter and of course, some tears. We've seen each other struggle, overcome, and grow.
Last year a lady from MOPS started to come. I'll call her "C". She had recently moved to the area and so we were thrilled that she started to come. I don't remember exactly how it started, but we would talk for a long time beside our cars after the Bible study ended. We talked about kiddos, life, recipes, bargains, etc. We found we had a lot in common. And on a few occasions, when Bible study needed to be canceled for that week, "C" and I would still get together. We needed that "girl time".
Unfortunately, she needed to sit out during the current study due to a conflicting schedule. So for the past 2 weeks we have met up with each other after I was finished with that week's lesson. Last week we met up at Walmart because we both needed to pick up a few items. This week we met for coffee and then ended up at Walmart for her to get a few things. Both times we talked and talked until it was WAY late (I got home last night around 12:30am!) I may be dragging the next morning, but it's so worth it =)
No comments:
Post a Comment