Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Been A Year

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of me being a "SAHM" (stay at home mom for those not up-to-date on the lingo ;-) )  We've survived!  It was very bittersweet to leave a job I loved, co-workers I adored, give up half of our income, and embark on this journey.  But I have no regrets.  My relationship with each child has really blossomed and I can say I've never been closer to them than I am now.  To be sure I've had days that I questioned my sanity regarding this choice (just yesterday was one of those days where it felt like the kiddos and George were in time-out more than they weren't.)

I'm so thankful that I had this opportunity before they boys started school.  I will continue to cherish the time I have with them.  For these precious young ages pass by far too quickly...
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for cluing us in; I did not know the term, SAHM. And I was one, way back when. With that in mind, I can heartily agree that the SAHM days were some of the best days of my life. The simplicity of spending the day together and playing the years away.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete