As I wait for our house to sell, I can't help but think about how I want to decorate at the new place. I thought I would share some of my ideas with you. Since our house was under construction while the kiddos were newborns/infants, we never had a completed nursery. Therefore, I never fully decorated it. Until about 6 months ago, the room we used as the nursery also served as the guest room. While Samara's room is cute how it is now, I have a vision for her new room.
Of course, my plans will hinge on the technicalities of size, shape, etc of her new room, but this is what I'm thinking: SHABBY CHIC. By that, I mean I would like to incorporate comfy fabrics, florals, ginghams, but also have a smidgen of elegance.
The walls I want to paint a very pale pink. But, I want an accent wall with pink and cream wide strips.
Since the dresser she uses now actually goes with the guest bedroom set, I want to find an old, CHEAP dresser and "shabby chic it up". I'm thinking about using a light teal color for the dresser, bed and an old mirror that I will be on the look out for. Below is the color I'm thinking about and the type of mirror I'm looking for.
For lighting, I'm kinda digging this type of chandelier. Depending on the color of the flowers, condition of the piece and how it looks in the room, I may paint it all one color and give it the distressed look (lots of variables, I know!)
For the bedding, I want it to incorporate different patterns, but have the colors of the accessories throughout the room in it as well. Something along this line (maybe with a little less pattern!):
And finally, for some decorations. This wall hanging would be adorable with the letter "S". These blocks I could get Samara's name spelled out. I thought it would look darling on a shelf.
I want this room to be a place for her to celebrate being a girl. To find rest and refuge from the chaotic world of brothers.
Now my challenge is to find the items to go in this dream room!





Look on craigslist. About a week ago I saw a chandelier that you'd love.
ReplyDeleteAnd her room will be adorable! She does need a respite from her brothers :).
I have scoured looking for it...it must have sold =( BUT, I will be looking there to find another one! Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete