Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

What an honor it is to be a parent.  God hand-picked these little ones especially for us. What a privilege and sometimes an overwhelming task of raising these young ones so they can grow up and become who God created them to be. 

I was richly blessed with an amazing set of parents.  They always did what they could to support my dreams.  I remember being Daddy's little "sunshine girl".  I followed him wherever he would let me.  He was a wonderful provider for our family and spent his evenings playing with his girls.

James is a wonderful dad, as well.  When he gets home from work, he will tickle, wrestle, and chase the kiddos. He understands the needs of boys and so he will nicely let me know if I am being too strict because I simply don't understand the necessity of daily rough-housing.  If I've had a rough day with them, he will take them outside or watch them while I escape for a little while.

So, on this day, as we celebrate Dad's, I leave you this song...
   

No comments:

Post a Comment