Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy 8th Anniversary

My, my, I AM an old married woman.  Today James and I celebrate 8 crazy years of marriage.  Where has the time gone?!?  For those of you who don't know our story, I'll give a brief synopsis.

James went to Sterling College along with my sister.  A month after they graduated, he and a mutual friend of my sister were attending a wedding in KC.  They needed a place to crash so they stayed at my parents' house.  I had just finished my freshmen year at Baker University and was a little excited when my dad called my cell phone to tell me that 2 college guys were going to stay at our house.  I thought that MAYBE they would be cute.  At the time, I was working a full-time and a part-time job while taking a college Microbiology class at night.  Needless to say, I was BUSY.  I had to be at work at 5am that Saturday morning so I quietly got ready and then peeked in the living room to see what these guys looked like (they fell asleep with the lights on).  I noticed James right away...well, mostly just heard him right away.  His snore was OBNOXIOUSLY loud.  Once I got past the noise, I tried to see what he looked like.  But I couldn't get a good look because he was covered with dark hair.  At the time, he had crazy, unruly hair on his head, a go-tee, a white undershirt with hair popping out and hairy arms.  I honestly couldn't tell what he looked like underneath all that hair.  And so I went off to work.

I only worked 1/2 a day so I came home around the time he was waking up.  We easily fell into conversation that lasted until he left for the wedding.  When he returned, we continued to talk and talk and talk.  Long story short, we quickly realized that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together and so a year from the day when we first met was our wedding day.

We have definitely filled the last 8 years with fun, fights, laughter ... many, many memories.  Here are some of the highlights:

  *Traveled to Russia for Spring Break 2004
  *Bought our first home (a major fixer upper) Dec 2004
  *I graduated with my BSN and passed nursing boards May 2005
  *Welcomed Malachi into the world January 2006
  *Welcomed Isaiah into the world January 2007
  *Traveled to NYC to celebrate our 5 year anniversary June 2008 
  *Welcomed Samara into the world September 2008
  *James went to school full-time while working full-time. I worked full-time and
       took care of the kiddos September 2009-May 2010.
  *Celebrated James leaving his 20's with a trip to Estes Park July 2010
  *I became a stay at home mom September 2010
  *Finished the fixer-upper house May 2011
  *James continues to apply to med schools
  *(and somewhere in there, James developed a huge bald spot on the back of his head so he now shaves all of his hair off...of course, he blames me for that!)


While our life together has been hectic, we continue to love and learn about each other.  Happy Anniversary, Jamesy-Wamesy...Love ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment