Because I didn't want the do-list hanging over my head, I began working right after breakfast. Our bedroom needed accessories on the vanity and nightstands along with a few throw pillows. The kiddos' rooms needed to be picked up from their daily messes of toys and blankets. Dishes needed unloaded/loaded, bathrooms needed cleaned. I converted the mud room into the kiddos' "play room". Their picnic table, art supplies, riding toys along with a container full of toys are now neatly contained in this area. And of course, I found another little area that needed painted because no day is complete without some painting, eh?
The list did not seem daunting, but excluding the 10 minute break for lunch I worked from 8:30 - 5:15. It did not help that our big vacuum decided that today it was on strike and would not suck up the dirt. (and being that the kiddos ate popcorn in our living room yesterday and I discovered some dropped kernels, I was desperate for a working machine!) Fortunately, I have a little Dirt Devil push vacuum. It isn't the greatest, but it got the job done and I let the kiddos take turns using it so my living room should be pretty spotless!
I wanted James and the Realtor to be able to focus on business so I (at the suggestion of James...I was going to take them to McDonald's) packed dinner and took them to the park. We had a wonderful picnic and the kiddos enjoyed playing on the equipment. There was a little brown-haired, dirty feet girl who played with the boys and when it was getting time for us to leave, she came over and said she wished I was her Mommy. And then a few minutes later, she said it again. It honestly broke my heart. How do you respond to that? Not long after that someone yelled her name to come over to where they were. I could only hope that I brightened her day at least a little.
James texted me around 6:45 to let me know that the coast was clear...we could come home. I was so anxious to hear the news. Here is what I found out: She loves our fireplace room (it's her favorite room in the house), she thought the floors looked amazing. Everything looked really nice; she wants us to try to finish the projects we are currently working on, but regardless, she is going to officially list our house on Monday!!! For reasons we do not know, she wants to increase our asking price by about $10, 000...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! The comparables are still higher than our asking price which makes me feel more comfortable. She also thinks we should be able to sell the house within 2 months which is our goal.
So with all that being said...let the house showings begin (well, in 6 days!). For now, though, this tired girl is going to bed.
WOW! sounds like you earned a nap & a few days without ANY cleaning!!!!!! Good job! I'm sure it looks amazing!!!! The hard work will surely pay off! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for you to join us smart people in the best city ever!! Praying the house sells quickly.
ReplyDelete"Willhite": Yes, I won't have to clean for a few days...just maintain (which can sometimes be challenging with kiddos, a dog, and a hubby!) I hope we won't have to wait long for it to sell!
ReplyDeleteSami: I want to boost my intellect for sure =) Thank you for your prayers. We can't wait to have friends who live a few minutes away!!!