Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend Update

Oh, man, I am ever so ready for some S-L-E-E-P!  Why can I not stop finding projects to do?!?  In preparation of our public Open House this afternoon, I worked from 8:30am-11:00pm yesterday .  I finished up a few things, painted the front porch and then started cleaning the house.  Mind you the house is already clean, but for some unknown reason, I still spend hours cleaning it!  I'm recognizing some OCD in me and it's driving me crazy!    This morning I did some more cleaning before church, worked in the church's nursery and then came home to do the finishing touches on the house (that took 2 1/2 hours!!!)  James was wonderful because he corralled the kiddos so I could concentrate on my tasks.

During the Open House, we, including George, survived hot temperatures and played at the park for 2 hours.  We were so thankful to come back to an air conditioned home!  Before we settled inside, I served all of us a Popsicle on the front porch.  After our treat, we came inside and started watching a movie.  Samara fell asleep in my arms and 2 1/2 hours later we had to keep pestering her before she woke up.  We thought about just letting her sleep, but this mama is tired and I really didn't want her wide awake at a ridiculous time tonight.

Our Realtor said that we had 3 groups come by.  Two groups were neighbors (I love it that our neighbors wait until the Open House to tour it!) and the other one must have been buyers. Time will only tell if they were truly interested. 

I do have to say that getting the house ready to show with 3 kiddos +1 dog is exhausting and I will be ever so thankful when this process is over.  I keep praying over this house that soon the right buyer will come along: one who can truly afford it, one who will love on it, and one who will have many years of wonderful memories in it.  Now we're just waiting for that "one". 

No comments:

Post a Comment