In the middle of the night, Samara has continually made her way into our bed. I will wake up to being smashed in between James and her. But before she even falls asleep, she will stand on anything and everything in her room to turn her light on. Shopping cart, table, chairs, baby high chair, a play castle have all been used as her stepping stool. This girl is fearless and relentless. Countless are the times that she will turn her light on just for me to march in there and turn it off.
A few nights ago I wanted to experiment with her bedtime. I wanted to see if I left her light on if she would then more easily go to bed . So far the results have been phenomenal. Not only has she gone to bed better, she has actually stayed in her room all night. I've had my whole side of the bed to myself! There was one night where James turned her light off right before we went to bed, but within 10 minutes, she woke up and was in our bedroom to sleep. She has a light on her dresser that I would prefer her to use, but a long time ago, I left it on for her and she knocked it down because she didn't want it on. While I'm happy with this progress, we're going to have to fine-tune it so that her main light is not left on all night.
*We've tried a night-light, but she unplugs it immediately...little stinker!*
No comments:
Post a Comment