Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

New 'Do, New Porch, Free Landscaping and an Old Friend

For the past 2 summers, Malachi has asked for a Mohawk.  This year we appeased him and James gave him the new 'do yesterday.  Oh boy!

The new porch is finally finished.  Yesterday I finished applying the stain.  It looks great!


Recently, we discovered that our landfill offers free mulch.  It's not as decorative as the mulch you buy in stores, but did I mention it's FREE?  So James took the trailer and came back with a few loads.  We put it in the flowerbed/pots and planned on putting it a few places around the yard where growing grass is challenging.  Yesterday our neighbor told us about another neighbor who needed to get rid of decorative stones.  Again, for FREE!  James borrowed a wheelbarrow, made a few trips across the street and placed the stones in a few spots.  I was in charge of filling the areas with mulch.  It was tedious, but the end result was worth it.  In addition to the rocks in the front, we also placed rocks on the sides of the house with mulch.  Hopefully, the prospective buyers will appreciate this added FREE element ;-)  Now we just hope and pray that the grass James is planting will come in A-S-A-P!!!

Last night a dear friend from high school was in town for a wedding.  She came to our house to stay the night and hang out.  Because I wanted to be able to catch up without 3 little ones trying to get her attention, we escaped to a restaurant and enjoyed some sweet potato fries (my fav!) and I had a spinach and artichoke quesadilla; she had eaten at the wedding.  It was so nice to hang out with some from the past and she lives in KC so we are already planning on our next get-together.  Old friends are great!

No news yet on the job.  The interview went as well I could expect and I really hope that I get it.  But, if I don't, then it's not what was meant to be and I'll be ok with that =)

1 comment:

  1. Now three of my favorite guys in the whole wide world have sported a mohawk. Give Machi's head a rub for me ;)

    Love you stainer of the porch~

    ReplyDelete