While learning how to live more frugally, I have discovered home-made recipes for household items like laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, all-purpose cleaner to name a few. I had NO idea that people made their own! So last night my "shopping buddy" (if you don't have one, you should get one) ventured out in search of pricing how much it would cost to buy the needed materials so we could make a big batch together and split it in half along with the cost. That way if we didn't like how it worked we wouldn't be out as much money.
For those of you who know my "shopping buddy", you know that we rarely ever shop during normal hours. We shop late at night. And last night was no different. We meandered around Target until closing time (11pm), but scored some awesome sale/clearance items. We didn't find all the necessary items for our recipes so we stopped by Dillon's MarketPlace which is fortunately opened 24 hours for our shopping convenience. We found the rest of the needed items except for essential oils. The store had a big "organic" section so we really thought they would carry this, but after wandering around for quite some time, we weren't successful. So at midnight we decided it was probably time to call it a night.
I am going to find buckets and spray bottles to put our "creation" in and then I'll be ready to give this thing a whirl! Oh and by the way, there will be lots of coffee consumption today, but it's Friday so I can hang on for one more day to hopefully sleep in past 6-something-am!!!
awesome! let me know how it works!
ReplyDeletedefinitely! i think we'll make it in 2 weeks. i'm using up my current detergent and then i'll be good to go =)
ReplyDelete