![]() |
| The Birthday Boy and His Gang |
For dinner, we went to McDonald's and they enjoyed playing in the PlayPlace. Of course, a cheeseburger Happy Meal was on the menu! There was a little girl there who was obsessed with Isaiah and he took it all in stride. Finally, he told me that he was ready to go home to open presents and eat his cake. We gave him a SpongeBob hat and an "I Spy" memory game and book. Throughout the day, he received phone calls of family members calling to sing "Happy Birthday" and wish him well. He grinned from ear to ear; who doesn't enjoy being the center of attention?!?
With all of the hustle and bustle lately, I didn't have time to dwell on this monumental birthday like I did with Malachi. Or maybe I've seen that I can survive having kiddos 5 and older. That doesn't mean, though, that I'm ready to ship him off to school just yet. But on that note, while on his way to bed tonight, he did ask when I was going to take him school supply shopping. It may be a long few months while he awaits that fateful day. As for me, I'm not even mentally going there! Well, not until I absolutely have to.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Isaiah. You are loved and adored more than you can imagine!!!

Look at you, little miss cake decorator. It looks like a sponge Bob to me.
ReplyDeleteIt is just like Isaiah asking about going shopping for school supplies. He has a gusto for life and is ready to jump right in. Passionate.