Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthing Day, Dance Class, and Birthday

The latter part of last week was bustling with activity.  Late Thursday afternoon I got the call that Auntie Erin needed to report for duty because my sister was in labor!!!  I rushed up to KC as quickly as I could, but was about 30 minutes too late for my little niece's arrival.  Miss Sylvia Lois was born on 1/12/12 at 8:21pm and weighed 5lb 14 1/2 oz and was 18 1/2 inches long.  Sara was 37 weeks along and had been progressing the past week so I wasn't at all surprised she went a tad early.  Oh, Sylvia is just presh! It's amazing how such a teeny-tiny little baby can bring so much love and happiness to one's soul.  She was just content to be held and snuggled.  And Auntie Erin couldn't object to that!

Proud Auntie Erin
Sweet Mama Sara and Precious Sylvia
Initially, I had planned on coming home on Friday, but decided to spend one more night and then get up before the sun on Saturday to come home.  Friday was spent hanging out at the hospital and running some errands with my mommy.  It had been a long time since I had been able to bum around with her so I truly enjoyed it.  We also dropped by to see a dear friend who had a handsome baby boy last year, but I hadn't officially met him.  "Mr. Bundles" is definitely a bundle of joy and it was so nice to see her little family!
My Mommy and Mr. Bundles
Samara started her dance class on Friday.  James and Isaiah took her.  They practiced "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes", and some dance moves.  She came out running to James declaring, "That was great!"  I guess we'll go back again this week =)

Saturday was my birthday.  It's the last year that I can be called a "20-something" year old.  I definitely have mixed emotions about the looming birthday next year, but there's nothing I can do about it except to accept it so that's what I'm trying to do! My day started at 5:30am with my dad having a cup of coffee with me before I left.  I had to rush home because even though we took our house off the market almost a month ago there were potential buyers who had seen it online while it was still listed and were at a point where they could start looking at a home to purchase.  Even though it was my birthday I gave consent for them to view our house so I had to prepare for their visit.  It's amazing how even a "clean" house can take 6 1/2 hours to get "show ready". I was definitely happy when we could get back home and enjoy the rest my birthday.

My parents gave me some necessities and fun things for organizing my big "Happy 30th Birthday" trip next year (folders, pen, fun plates for snacks which I will definitely need while researching the trip, etc).  They also gave me a Tea Forte set.  I'm definitely a coffee drinker, but I'm excited to try this out. My sister's family gave me a cozy, fleece jacket and a gift card to Starbucks which I enjoyed while I drove home early on Saturday! James gave me an Adele CD so I'll be jamming out to it in my car and around the house.  The kiddos kept telling me "Happy Birthday" all day long and we enjoyed a pizza and cupcakes later that day.   

What an incredible week and this week we will celebrate Isaiah's birthday.  I am truly a blessed girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment