My sincerest apologies for my absence from the blog. Three weeks ago I received the news that my uncle (my dad's older brother) was not expected to live longer than a few days. He had been battling colon cancer for 6 years and it finally was at a point where there wasn't any other options available. I wanted to write a post about this and I still will. I kept sitting down to write out the experience, but I just couldn't. Enough time has passed to where I think I can post about it. But, I thought I would start out on a happier note and bring everyone up to speed on our life.
The family made the annual trip to the pumpkin patch near our home. I, unfortunately, had to miss it because I was up in KC with my family saying goodbye to my uncle. James' parents and younger brother along with his fiancé drove down for the day. I'm trying to upload the pictures from my mother-in-law. Once I succeed, I will post them!
Malachi's class had a Halloween party the Friday before Halloween. He was able to dress up in his Darth Vader costume. I was able to go to his party. They played games and ate yummy cupcakes. It was also an early-release day so he came home with me at the conclusion of the party. Here is a picture of him at his desk:
James had his med school interview at KU in Wichita on Halloween. (still waiting to hear how that went.) Malachi was out of school that day so we had a low-key morning and then prepped for the night while waiting for James to get home. Our town's Main Street closes down and the business hand out candy to the trick or treaters. The kiddos always enjoy walking around the town collecting candy. Isaiah was equally as excited to see everyone's costumes as he was to get candy. This year Samara was not shy to say "Trick or Treat" and she was pumped about her loot. After making it to the businesses, we headed over to the church where they used to go to daycare at. The church always has a carnival, trunk or treats, and bounce houses. Each kiddo won a cake at the cake walk. We enjoyed eating nachos and hot dogs there, too. The evening ended with us going around to our neighbors. All in all it was a very successful and fun evening! Here is a picture of them before heading out:
This past weekend we attended a Fall Festival hosted by a friend from my Monday night Bible study. They live in the country and had plenty of space for the crowd. There were 2 bounce houses, a pony named Sweet Potato that Isaiah and Samara rode on. After a yummy potluck dinner, the kiddos and I rode on an antique fire truck. Kiddos piled in the back of it (adults were there, too!) and they took about a 10 minute ride in it. What a blast! A few evenings later a friend told me that while her son and Malachi were in the bounce house, they had a pretty serious conversation about a girl at school wanting to kiss Malachi and that he needed to run away from her so that wouldn't happen. Oh the "man talks" that occur in bounce houses ;-)
I think that's about all that's been going on in our world. I hope you all are healthy, staying warm, and enjoying this fall!!!
Mr. Incredible complete with bunny!! haha
ReplyDeleteis there any other way?!? we asked isaiah if he was too old to sleep with his bunny. he said softly, "no". poor guy probably thought we were going to take it away from him.
ReplyDelete