Poor Malachi. His streak of all "Green Days" has now ended. When I pulled up to get him from school, I could tell something was bothering him. He didn't run up to the car with a smile. Instead he walked up, opened the door, and the tears started streaming down his little face. "I...had...a...yellow...day" <sniff, tear, sniff>. I then asked him what happened. He said that he and another girl were talking during tier time. He said that during the last recess he couldn't even play because he was too upset about his "Yellow Day". Instead, he took a walk around the playground and then sat down on some smooth rocks. I told him that while I was disappointed with his choice to disobey I still loved him just as much. Of course, though, there would be punishments at home. No Halloween candy or playing any computer games tonight. He didn't argue or complain.
When we got home, he had to go tell James about his day. James was in our bedroom and Malachi could barely get the news out before the tears began running down his face. James, too, told him that we were still proud of him and to try harder tomorrow. Malachi then nestled between us on the bed for a few minutes.
While it breaks my heart that his streak has ended, I am still so very proud that for 3 months straight he was able to listen and obey at school without problems. Maybe this will show him to never let his guard down and to not take "Green Days" for granted. Cheer up there, kiddo! Tomorrow is a new day =)
No comments:
Post a Comment