Today started out like a typical Thursday. Breakfast, teeth brushed, kiddos dressed and ready to take Malachi to school. But funny how a "typical" day can so easily change. We were getting ready to get everyone in the Expedition for the short drive to the school. The Expedition has a keyless entry so I went to the driver's door to put in the code and unlock the doors so everyone could get in their seats. Before I opened the driver's door, I noticed something very unsettling. The driver's window looked like crackled glass. And then I saw it. A small hole in the window. Looked just like a BB bullet hole. I glanced down the street and saw our neighbor behind us (the one who lets his dog poop in everyone's yard, yeah, that neighbor). He, too, was looking at his driver's side window. I went down to ask him if his window was broken. He said "yes" and he initially thought that it was an accident, but upon discovering that my window was shot at, it was apparent that it was no accident.
I quickly called James to have him come home so we could get Malachi to school and then wait for the police to come. On my way to take Malachi, I noticed another SUV down the street with its window shattered. It struck me as odd because at least on our street, the perpetrators targeted the higher profile vehicles and left the cars and smaller trucks alone. Upon returning from the school, the police officer arrived. He said that we were the 10th call that morning who had a BB hole in their window. They were quite busy investigating all of the incidents. Later I heard from a friend that one of her friends lives a few blocks from me and her front door had been shot at with a BB gun. How scary!
Obviously I could never be a criminal because I couldn't imagine causing damage to personal property especially to people I do not know. I'm so ready to move to a place where I can park my car in the garage and not have to worry about such things (well unless they break into the garage and then that's another story, but for now, I'll dream of my parking spot in a garage!)
James is investigating window replacement options and hopefully we can get it replaced within the next few days because having only 1 functional car at the moment s-u-c-k-s and it's only been a few hours! So if you hear of anyone from our town bragging about shooting out car windows, let me at 'em!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment