I'm sorry it's been quite a few days since my last post. I'll bring you up to speed with what's been happening. When my parents left on Saturday, they took Samara with them. As much as I love that child, she is a hindrance to getting projects done during the day. Since I have a few very time-consuming projects to do, my parents graciously offered to keep her this week so that I can get those projects off my list of things to do. The boys are more self-reliant so I don't have to constantly be by their side.
Before Malachi went to sleep that night, he said that he already missed his sissy. And on the way to church the next day, I asked Isaiah how it was to not have Samara with us. He replied, "It's not great". I thought they may at least enjoy a day or two without their little shadow also known as Samara. But they adore their little sissy and that's endearing to see.
Because Samara is around me all the time, I have never actually talked to her on the phone. Every day she has asked Grammie to call me and hearing her sweet voice just makes me miss her that much more. She always asks where Daddy, Malachi and Isaiah are. Each time she also tells me that she ate apples and "nanas" (bananas). That girl LOVES her fruit. It sounds like she is living it up in KC. She gets to spend her day playing with cousins Sofia and Stella. Grammie has Barbie dolls....I'm thinking I'm going to have to get that girl some when she comes home!
So far I've painted our bedroom (took 1/2 a day to scrap off paint/wallpaper). I finished painting this morning at 1am. I've touched up trim and door paint in bedrooms and the foyer. Today it's supposed to be warm and not as windy (only 15-30 mph wind) so I'm going to get on the extension ladder and (hopefully) finish paining the outside trim. I am not a huge fan of heights so this project does not excite me, but it must be done! As I type, James is putting puddy on some cracks in the fireplace room and tomorrow is the day I will paint that room. We are getting carpet installed on our stairs this afternoon (there's a story behind that so I'll explain later along with pictures).
With all that being said....it's time for me to finish my coffee, get my painting clothes on, and get back at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment