Pages
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Easter
The kiddos and I enjoyed celebrating our risen Savior together. James sacrificed spending the day with us so that he could work on the house. We started the day off with the kiddos receiving their Easter baskets. They were pumped about all of the candy and the activity books. Then they discovered their "big" gift...Season 1 of Sponge Bob. Saturday night I called James with some ideas for a gift. I knew they would absolutely LOVE this gift, but I absolutely would not! After talking about the options, we decided that this was the gift to get. In order to keep my sanity, I have rationed how many episodes they can watch in a day. So far there have been no complaints.
After breakfast, we went to church. The kiddos went to their classes while I worked in the nursery. We left immediately afterward and drove to Salina to spend the afternoon with some of James' family. There was the annual cracking of the eggs. Before becoming a part of this family, I had never "cracked" an egg. This is where each person gets a hard-boiled egg and the goal is to crack the other person's tip of the egg. It gets very competitive. I've heard stories of some of the more non-assuming members of the family having "indestructible" eggs (otherwise known as cheating). I've learned who to watch out for!
The kiddos enjoyed hunting eggs and other Easter items in the backyard. They found candy, chalk, gum, and bunny masks (which Malachi wore the rest of the day). Upon finding everything, everyone gathered in the front yard to fly the kiddos' new kites and just hang out. The boys loved playing baseball with the uncles. Grandma Salzman served us ice cream cones outside; what a fun treat! It wasn't until dinner time that we all went back inside.
The car ride home was pretty quiet. Samara fell asleep and the boys enjoyed some Sponge Bob. Hope your Easter was as fun as ours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment