This is my first year to add a teacher to the list of people to shop for Christmas gifts. I wanted something maybe a little different, home-made. Something Malachi could help with. I got inspiration from Pinterest (should check out that website if you haven't already!). I bought a natural wood shadow box, wooden cross, wooden letters, and a piece of purple scrap book paper at Hobby Lobby. I painted the box while Malachi painted the cross and letters. Once it was dry I glued that paper, letters and cross to the box. Malachi insisted on making a Christmas card for her along with a "K-State" card. Here is the end result which he brought to school today to give to Mrs. O:
Nice to see he used K-State colors too, it almost brought a tear to my eye. I am extremely proud of him.
ReplyDeleteUncle Matt
Not to burst your bubble, but I actually picked the paper out. She is a big K-State fan and she has Wildcat stuff in her classroom so I asked him if I should get purple paper. I could not, however, bring myself to BUY K-State paper. I think I would have vomited if I had to touch it ;-)
ReplyDelete